The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) is a commodity exchange and marketing services provider that links farmers and MSMEs to higher-value markets through:
1. The Warehouse Receipt System, which offers clients the opportunity to 1) gore their commodity 2) access collateral finance, 3) wait for optimum seasonal price changes and 4) reduce post-harvest losses
2. The Market Information System, which disseminates up-to-date market prices and live trade opportunities for key commodities
3. Trade Facilitation, where bids-to-buy, offers-to-sell and auctions are posted on the online exchange platform.
ACE works with farmers and MSMEs through its field team, which consists of Warehouse Personnel and Rural Marketing Advisors. ACE is looking for energetic individuals to take on the following positions:
ACE RURAL MARKETING ADVISOR
He/ She will report directly to the Field Coordinator and will work hand in hand with the Warehouse Personnel located in the area of operation.
LOCATION & # OF POSITIONS Namwera & Phalombe.
Candidates must be flexible and willing to work in rural locations.
# of positions — two (2).
DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Conduct awareness raising and training activities with a diverse range of potential ACE clients (farmers, farmer groups, agri-businesses)
- Network, identify and establish strong working relationships with rural stakeholders
- Profile potential ACE clients for the ACE market information system
- Collect weekly price information for key commodities in designated trading centres and markets
- Link ACE clients to live trading opportunities
- Manage operations at ACE Market Information Points
- Facilitate trades on the ACE platform and ensure that all necessary requirements for a successful trade are met i.e. grading, transportation and other logistics.
- Compile and submit work plans and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must have at least a minimum of a Diploma in Agriculture or similar field.
- Background or experience in marketing will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in adult education is essential.
- Experience of training people in agribusiness operations (e.g. profit margin calculations)
- Good general knowledge of price trends of different crops in Malawi and yield potentials.
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, internet)
- Motorbike license is advantageous.
ACE is seeking self-starters and will offer a competitive package. Candidates meeting the above specifications should apply with a copy of their most recent CV and three traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Application, Warehouse Manager” OR “Job Application, ACE Rural Marketing Advisor”. Hard copies to be sent to the ACE Head Office in Kanengo Light Industrial Area 28/251 or by post to P.O Box 40139, Lilongwe. The closing date for receiving applications is 10:00 am, 20th January, 2017.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.