The Adventist Development Relief Agency (ADRA) is a relief and developmental arm of the Seventh Day Adventist Church which works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
ADRA Malawi through its ACTION FOR SOCIAL CHANGE PROGRAM (ASC) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVOCACY COORDINATOR (1)
The purpose of the post
Tenable in -Lilongwe,
The Communication and Advocacy Coordinator’s – responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of Advocacy and Communications Strategy. He/she will be in charge of establishing and maintaining formal partnership and relationship with other Civil Society Organization and relevant Government and market actors
Specific duties and responsibilities
These will include but not limited to:
- Coordinates the review and finalization of the Advocacy Strategy in line with ADRA Malawi Strategic plan.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Advocacy Strategy, working closely with the Communications and Advocacy Director
- Monitors the implementation of the Advocacy activities in collaboration with relevant program staff to ensure that the goals set are being achieved
- Representing ADRA Malawi, where requested in meetings and forums, promoting its advocacy agenda and positions.
- Responsible for networking and developing partnerships with other civil society organisations (CSOs) and relevant stakeholders in terms of ADRA Malawi Advocacy Strategy and program objectives.
- Coordinates the development, delivery and promotion of advocacy messages and IEC materials in collaboration with the community facilitators and community based group (CBGs).
- Facilitates the conducting of research and policy analysis around issues of concern to ADRA Malawi which will inform its approach to advocacy and also be evidence for advocacy positions.
- Prepares and submits quarterly/annual reports to the Communications and Advocacy Director.
- Responsible for aligning communications forums to advocacy strategy.
- Supervises Central Region ASC Staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Science or related fields from a reputable and recognized university.
- Minimum of three years working experience in an NGO/CSO in a similar position.
- Excellent IT proficiency
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self starter, dynamic and willing to take initiative.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful and enthusiastic candidates. Applications with detailed CV that provide traceable record, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be sent to the following address not later than 20th January, 2017:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 951
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. ADRA Malawi is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.