The Adventist Development Relief Agency (ADRA) is a relief and developmental arm of the Seventh Day Adventist Church which works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
ADRA Malawi through its ACTION FOR SOCIAL CHANGE PROGRAM (ASC) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
DISTRICT FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (2)
Tenable in Mzuzu and Lilongwe
The District Administrative/Finance Officer is responsible for providing support in the administration of the financial and physical resources of ADRA Malawi, implementation of internal controls, Accounting policies and procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting principles in the district office
Specific duties and responsibilities
These will include but not limited to:
- Administration of District program activity funds.
- Ensuring that expense reports are prepared and sent to Head Office in timely manner.
- Reconciliation of. activity funds are done and appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensuring that all accounting records are auditable.
- Ensuring that supporting documentation for all accounting transactions at least the minimum requirements of ADRA Malawi and Donor.
- Ensuring that all internal control systems are working.
- Ensuring that fixed assets register book is updated.
- Preparation and management of cash forecast.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have a Diploma in Accounting from a reputable and recognized institution.
- Minimum of three years working experience in an NGO in similar position.
- Excellent IT Proficiency a must. Those with knowledge of Sun Plus Accounting System will have an added advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter, dynamic and willing to take initiative.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful and enthusiastic candidates. Applications with detailed CV that provide traceable record, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be sent to the following address not later than 20th January, 2017:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 951
OR Email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. ADRA Malawi is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.