The Adventist Development Relief Agency (ADRA) is a relief and developmental arm of the Seventh Day Adventist Church which works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
ADRA Malawi through its ACTION FOR SOCIAL CHANGE PROGRAM (ASC) is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
Tenable in Machinga.
The District Manager is responsible for working in collaboration with the Program Manager and other district colleagues to implement Project activities as outlined in the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP).
Specific duties and responsibilities These will include but not limited to:
- Overseeing day to day operations of ASC district staff.
- Submits monthly and quarterly reports and provides input for donor reports and proposals
- Coordinates and plans project activities to ensure their implementation is in accordance with the Project design.
- Develops with the Program Manager detailed work plans (DIPS) to cover project activities in the district.
- Monitors the day to day implementation of the agreed work plans to ensure project objectives are realized in the district.
- Ensuring the alignment of communications forums to Advocacy Strategy.
- Plans and conducts/facilitates need based training sessions for volunteers and CBGs in the District
- Communicates developments and best practices by using the pre determined communication channels/tools.
- Managing the District Office effectively and efficiently including human resource issues in collaboration with the HR Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Must have a minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Social Science or its equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent IT proficiency.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self starter, dynamic and willing to take initiative.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful and enthusiastic candidates. Applications with detailed CV that provide traceable record, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be sent to the following address not later than 20th January, 2017:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 951
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. ADRA Malawi is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.