Evaluation Consultancy – Malawi
mothers2mothers (m2m) Malawi has partnered with United Nations International Children’s Fund (UNICEF) since July 2013 under the Optimizing Access to Simplified HIV Treatment to Reduce New HIV Infections among Children (OHTA) program. m2m is conducting an implementation research project on adolescent girls and young women in HIV and PMTCT care in Malawi with UNICEF’s support. The objective of the research is to use qualitative methods to gather empirical data as to the gaps and areas for investment and innovation around Sexual Reproductive Heath and Rights (SRHR) issues that adolescent girls face – with a special focus on PMTCT.
Scope of Work
- Conduct a literature review to consolidate findings from existing literature on Adolescent HIV Care, Teen Pregnancies, and Youth focused Services within sub-Saharan Africa generally, and Malawi specifically
- Conduct qualitative implementation research amongst adolescents around needs, barriers and facilitator’s to accessing SRHR and PMTCT services.
- Research work plan
- Literature review
- Ethics clearance certificate
- Draft and final research report and presentation to management committee
Qualifications and Experience
Individual or team with sufficient technical experience to fulfill all roles:
- Qualitative research specialist with a minimum of seven years’ experience in qualitative research in an African context
- Demonstrated ability to design and plan the research approaches and research methodologies
- Relevant subject matter knowledge
- Ability to manage a potentially large-scale and complex research process, including interpreting complex qualitative data and drawing conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to design, manage and implement primary research in potentially challenging project environments
- Experience working in developing country contexts is essential.
- At least one member of the research team should be a Malawian national
- Appropriate country knowledge/experience, including language proficiency to conduct the research required
Duration: Approximately January 2017 – October 2017
Interested service providers are invited to view the full terms of reference, including required components of the research proposal here: http://www.m2m.org/careers.
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by 16 January 2017