Baobab Health Trust (BHT) is not-for-profit making organization, aimed at leading the improvement of health care through appropriate Information and Communication Technology in the developing world. We are doing so by working closely closely together with the Ministry of Health in Malawi. A point of care solution tightly coupled processes is proposed as the information resource for health care providers as patients are being examined. The point of care clinical touchhscreen workstation has embedded treatment protocols and simultaneously collects data that can be accessed and analysed quickly.
Baobab Health Trust is inviting applications from suitably qualified, motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic individual of Malawi origin to fill the position below on fixed renewable contract.
Personal Assistant to Executive Director
BHT is seeking a Personal Assistant to the Executive Director who will be responsible for providing support to the Executive Director. On behalf of the Executive Director, the Personal Assistant will communicate with other stakeholders outside and inside the organization, will manage busy schedules, and will complete complex administrative tasks. An ideal candidate should have experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This person must be exceedingly well organised, highly flexible and enjoy challenges. This role is challenging but will provide a wide variety of experiences. The Executive Director’s office requires high value proactiveness and is looking for someone who is eager to learn and take on ever-increasing responsibilities. It’s an exciting role, no day is the same. The successful candidate will enjoy both engaging high level relationships one minute and getting the details right the next. Diligence., optimism, and a sense of humour towards life and work are essential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist primarily the Executive Director with organizational, financial and personal administration on a daily basis
- Be friendly and personable while managing heavy communications and calendar scheduling (requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, clients, co-workers and the general public) to coordinate various complex meetings
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on Issues in a timely manner
- Lead short-term projects and initiatives as requested by the Executive Director
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- Have a proven ability to exercise good Judgment in recognising the scope of authority
- Assist the Executive Director with all other related assigned tasks
- Assist other Directors as delegated by the Executive Director
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Executive Director
- Chase responses to requests and emails to/from the Executive Director
- Greet visitors graciously and in a professional manner, create a good personal image through a neat, clean, businesslike professional appearance and a positive cheerful attitude
- Answer phones in a pleasant, helpful and professional manner, direct all incoming calls to appropriate party -promptly and efficiently, accurately recording messages and reliably passing messages to recipient in a timely manner
- Maintain and present the Executive Dashboard and other reports on a timely manner
- Work with the Executive Director to manage her calendar and schedule (board meetings, donor meetings, conferences, regional office visits) including coordinating Executive Director’s international and domestic travel itineraries
- Organise all other meetings to be attended by the Executive Director, including staff lunches, coffees and Skype calls
- Ensures that key dates and events are highlighted to the Executive Director ahead of time
- Ensures that significant events are kept in front of the Executive Director
- Prepare materials, packets and presentations for Executive Director’s meetings, directors and management meetings off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Organize the logistics of board meetings and other key internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate and distribute notes at management meetings as requested
- Type up notes of the Executive Director as requested
- Organise and arrange venues for all other meetings requested by the Executive Director
5. Records and Documentation
- Maintain records of decisions and ensure action items are clearly recorded for the Executive Director
- Organise documents for signatures of Executive Director and members of executive staff related to relevant projects Keep accurate remirds and fees at all times and as appropriate
- Update and rnaintain database of executive key contacts
- Coordinate domestic and external travel arrangements including sctseduNng and purchasing tickets for Executive Director, executive staff, board members, and key guests as directed by the Executive Director
- Raise requisitions for Executive Director’s travel, general requirements and expense claims.
- Liaise with the Administration Department for the purchase of and send gifts for key relationships.
- Arrange for airport pickups and meet key guests at the airport as instructed by the Executive Director.
- Assist In budgeting for the general activities of the Executive Director’s office and monitor expenditure.
- Ordering stationery, office equipment and all office supplies for the Executive Director’s Office from Administration Department.
- Forwarding work to appropriate departments In the absence of the Executive Director to ensure speedy delivery of projects.
- Ensure general cleanliness and general outlook of the Executive Director’s Office.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Executive Director.
Qualifications, experience and key competencies required:
- Advance Diploma In Secretarial Marvigement/Business Management
- 3 years work experience In administrative and personal assistant roles at the executive level
- Excellent oral and written English and Chichewa languages.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to maintain catendars and schedule appointments
- Ability to compose and edit written materials
- Ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at once;
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends as needed
- Possesses time/organization/stress management skills
- Strong commitment to organizational goals and missions
- A responsible attitude to all aspects of the work
- Kind attitude towards all staff, hospitable towards guests
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrates solid work ethics
- Proficiency with MS Office especially Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experienced scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Proven appreciation for good design
- Passion and personal interest in people and providing assistance, perspective on life
holds a positive and outgoing
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters ( Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for on the cover of the envelope, or in the e-mail address subject line), up-to-date CV with 3 traceable referees, 2 of whom should be your most recent employers, at our Lilongwe Office, Area 3, 13 Baron Avenue, near Bishop Mackenzie International School or to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources Lead Baobab Health Trust P.O BOX 31797 Lilongwe 3. Applications received later than 18th January, 2017 will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Baobab Health Trust is an Equal opportunities Employer-