Public Relations Officer
Qualifications and experience
- Candidates should be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Journalism or any relevant qualifications with 5 years relevant experience.
- Act as a spokesperson of the Institute
- Collating and analysing media coverage
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Writing and editing case studies, speeches and annual reports
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos and multimedia programmes
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Updating information on the MIE website.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitasks
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of current affairs
- Computer literate.
Method of application
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant Certificates and names including contact details of 3 traceable referees should be sent to:
The Executive Director
Malawi Institute of Education
P. O. Box 50
Applications should reach the office by close of business on 9th February, 2017.