PROJECT NUMBER : P160533PPA NUMBER V0470
REF NO. : PPPC/DIGMAP/CNS/06/11-2016
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Regulatory Advisory Consultancy Services
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) is now globally recognized as an essential tool in promoting competitiveness. Job creation, sustainable development, and overall poverty reduction. A combination of widespread access to broadband and a robust digital ecosystem can offer a powerful platform for achieving these goals and increasing government transparency and efficiency ICTs have the potential to transform business and government – driving entrepreneurship, innovation and economic growth and breaking down barriers of distance and cost in the delivery of services In recognition of this fact, the Government of Malawi is prepanng a new project in the realm of ICT – the Digital Malawi Project with funding from the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank.
The overall aim of the proposed Digital Malawi project Is to extend and Improve access to critical ICT infrastructure for the public and private sectors; improve ICT governance, improve access to government services; and reduce infrastructure costs by providing reliable, fast and adaptive government digital systems that will facilitate provision of e-services thereby enhancing public service delivery.
The objectives of the consulting services (‘the Services’) are as follows.
- Develop a comprehensive plan with supporting roadmap and a result based action plan for implementation of the two Acts with synergies to other key components of the Digital Malawi project
- Provide advisory and technical support services necessary for the implementation of the two Acts
3. Shortlisting Criteria
The consultant should be an established firm with the following minimum requirements:
- Experience in the development of regulatory instruments and frameworks in developing nations
- Solid background and knowledge in regulatory instruments, cybersecurity, economic regulation, technical regulation, e-commerce, et cetera.
- At least 10 years In the field of ICT Policy Management and Regulation
- Availability of qualified and experienced staff
- The Team Leader shall be qualified to a minimum of Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Telecommunications Engineering, ICT. Economics, Legal and Regulatory, Policy Development and Management, Cybersecurity, Finance or any other relevant qualifications from recognized institutions with minimum experience 10 years
The attention of interested Consultants Is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Procurement in investment Project Financing: Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services) dated July 2016. setting forth the World Bank’s Policy on Conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Procurement in investment Project Financing: Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services) dated July 2016. Section VII (Approved Selection Methods. Consulting Services) under Quality and Cost Based Selection method
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours. Monday to Friday from 8 00am to 4:30pm excluding public holidays and weekends. Interested Consultants may access the detailed Terms of Reference at the PPPC Website www pppc mw under “PROCUREMENT” tab.
4. Invitation for Expression of Interest
The PPPC now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services
Submission of Expression of Interest
Written expressions of mterestmust be delivered to the address below on or before 4:00 pm local time on 10th January, 2017
The address referred to above is
Internal Procurement Committee
Public Private Partnership Commission
2nd Floor, Livingstone Towers
Ciyn Jones Road
P. 0 Box 957
Tel : +265 1 821 248
E-mail : email@example.com