REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE PROVISON OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO DEVELOP THE NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY COUNCIL (NCIC) STRATEGIC PLAN
Procurement Reference Number: NCIC/CON/2016-17-03
The National Construction Industry Council (NCIC) was established through the National Construction Industry (NCI) Act of 1996 (CAP 53.05) to regulate. promote and develop the construction Industry in Malawi. The NCIC developed as first five-year Strategic Plan which came into effect in June 2012. The Strategic Plan is coming to end soon. In this regard the Council seeks RFPs from reputable consultants experienced in similar assignments to develop the 2017-2023 Strategic Plan for the Council.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of the assignment is to develop the 2017-2022 National Construction Industry Council Strategic Plan to guide the operations of the Council, and stakeholders in the construction industry.
The specific objectives are:
- To formulate, with the involvement of member organizations of NCIC and construction industry stakeholders, an appropriate implementation strategy; and
- To identify appropriate interventions consistent with the implementation strategy developed above and the National Development Strategy and Policy documents and taking into account the sustainability of the resulting improvements.
CONSULTANT(S) QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The lead consultant(s) should have relevant academic qualifications with a minimum of Masters Degree in a related development field;
- Proven experience of successfully undertaking Strategic Plan development for the public sector;
- The consultant(s) should have proven experience of carrying out assignments of similar nature for entities of similar set-up, size and scope in Malawi or in the Southern Africa Region;
- Knowledge and experience of participatory assessment / development approaches will be required.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational development approaches including organizational capacity assessment and development
- Familiarity with the institutional set-up of the Construction Sector as well as Results Management.
All interested Consultants should collect detailed ToRs and RFP document from the address below upon payment of a MK5, 000 non refundable fee.
All printed proposals should be submitted in hard form by 14:30pm on 31st January 2017. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Submissions should be sent to the following address:
The Chairman, Internal Procurement Committee, National Construction Industry Council, Private Bag A146, Lilongwe.