MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY, TRADE AND TOURISM MALAWI ENTERPRISE PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT (MEPE) PROJECT
Job Title: Short Term Finance and Administration Officer
Duration of Contract : 15th February, 2017 to 31st August, 2017
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager
MEPE is a project funded by The European Union through COMESA/CAF RISM Programme and implemented by Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism on behalf of the Malawi Government. The project aims at accelerating implementation of regional integration and multilateral trade agreement commitments, and strengthen the capacity of selected SMEs/Cooperatives owned enterprises to produce competitive products for domestic and regional markets.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Generally, to contribute to the overall objective of the Malawi Enterprise Productivity Enhancement (MEPE) Project by ensuring that the resources of the project are used efficiently and effectively in achieving the set objectives.
Specifically, under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance and Administration Assistant will provide administrative and financial support to the Finance Section which include creating and capturing data from source documents, filing and retrieving documents when required and supporting other staff
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations, supplies, procedures, filing system, and providing overall administrative and clerical support.
- Maintain a standard hard and soft copy filing system for the project to allow easy retrieval of all incoming and outgoing letters, reports, files and documents, whilst respecting the integrity of the central filing system.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in preparing Payment Vouchers, periodic bank reconciliations, posting entries in the cashbook and maintaining up to date cashbook
- Assist government and project staff to liquidate advances
- Act as liaison with other staff
- Schedule and organizing activities such as meetings, conferences, etc.
- Assist with travel arrangements for staff on missions
- Participate in the procurement of goods and services and contract management
- Building reports and files for audit and project closure,
- Assemble vouchers for VAT input claim submission to the Malawi Revenue Authority
- Maintain asset register, vehicle logbook sheets, fuel register and other documents for audit purpose
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the role and level of this position as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or other related field with at least five years of post- qualification experience.
- Those with knowledge of EDF rules and experience with EU funded project will have an added advantage
- Experience in working with government ministries or departments in projects.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and demanding distributed team environment.
- Excellent organizational and administration skills.
- Mature, flexible and positive attitude.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with excel and MS Office.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
How to apply
Written applications, comprising a motivation letter explaining why you are applying for the position, and why you believe you are a suitable candidate, along with a full CV, should be sent to:
The Imprest Administrator
Malawi Enterprise Productivity Enhancement (MEPE) Project
P.O Box 30366
Capital City Lilongwe 3
Hand delivered applications should be deposited at: MEPE Project Office Zimbabwe High Commission Building Room No: 120 City Centre
Alternatively, applications may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that applications clearly indicate your availability for starting work within a week you are given the offer and include current contact telephone numbers and email addresses. You must also provide the names of three referees, including their telephone and email contacts.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 16th January 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. Candidates who have not been contacted by 23rd January 2017 should consider their applications to have been unsuccessful and will receive no further communication. MEPE Project is an equal opportunity employer and ladies are strongly encouraged to apply.