The Agricultural Commodity Exchange for Africa (ACE) is a commodity exchange and marketing services provider that links farmers and MSMEs to higher-value markets through:
1. The Warehouse Receipt System, which offers clients the opportunity to 1) gore their commodity 2) access collateral finance, 3) wait for optimum seasonal price changes and 4) reduce post-harvest losses
2. The Market Information System, which disseminates up-to-date market prices and live trade opportunities for key commodities
3. Trade Facilitation, where bids-to-buy, offers-to-sell and auctions are posted on the online exchange platform.
ACE works with farmers and MSMEs through its field team, which consists of Warehouse Personnel and Rural Marketing Advisors. ACE is looking for energetic individuals to take on the following positions:
WAREHOUSE MANAGER(S) FOR RURAL WAREHOUSES
The Warehouse Managers will be responsible for all stock movement and warehouse operations including general administrative duties required for the successful running of the warehouse.
The position requires a mature, organised and responsible person with strong analytical skills, who can work independently to fulfill the role of the custodian of all stock and items that belong to the warehouse. He/she will report to the Warehouse Operations Officer, under the supervision of the Operations Manager – Warehouses.
LOCATION & # OF POSITIONS Southern and Central Region.
Candidates must be flexible and willing to work in rural locations.
# of positions — TBC
DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Accurate and timely submission of fortnight reports
- Good stock management – timely reporting of insect infestation, good maintenance of quality standards.
- Stock levels, recording and receipting – accurate recording and receipting at intake, and ensuring volumes cleaned are stacked properly.
- Accurate and timely submission of fund request reconciliations — appropriate use of company funds and receipting.
- Client focus – good communication with depositors and Farmer groups, ensure communication flows through to head office.
- Monitor accuracy of warehouse equipment – report on calibration of moisture meters, scales and fire extinguishers and on fumigation requirements to ensure commodity quality is maintained.
- Staff Management – employ and manage casual laborers needed in order to assist with warehouse duties
- Other duties – perform any other duties that may be required from time to time by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants must have at least a Diploma in Warehousing & Supply chain management / logistics (CILT or CIPS) with 2 years experience in warehouse and inventory Management.
- Those with experience in grain handling will have an added advantage.
- Applicants with MSCE plus 5 years experience in Grain handling will be considered
- Good computer literacy in Excel, Word, e-mail and web-based programs.
ACE is seeking self-starters and will offer a competitive package. Candidates meeting the above specifications should apply with a copy of their most recent CV and three traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Application, Warehouse Manager” OR “Job Application, ACE Rural Marketing Advisor”. Hard copies to be sent to the ACE Head Office in Kanengo Light Industrial Area 28/251 or by post to P.O Box 40139, Lilongwe. The closing date for receiving applications is 10:00 am, 20th January, 2017.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.